The Fleming family set up an engineering company in St Johnston at their present location in the 1850's.
The company as Fleming Engineering became the prime stockist of steel and roofing in the North West of Ireland.
In 1999, Flemings acquired the "Rolling Door Company" resulting in Fleming Doors a partner company of Fleming Engineering.
Business is brisk as Fleming Doors designs, manufactures and installs steel roller shutter doors for all kinds of buildings from private houses to industrial premises.
The doors can be galvanised. They can be coated with PVC to produce a variety of looks and choice.
Fleming Doors provides the option of operating doors electrically or by remote control.
According to Andrew Fleming in 2007, the company was awarded a grant which can only bring the company to new heights.