Money and funding was raised to set up a School at Taughboyne near the Church of
Ireland there in 1824. The Teacher's Residence was built beside the school. It
was demolished and replaced by the current house in 1907. In 1917, because of
declining attendance at the school, it was supposed that it would be best to
amalgamate Taughboyne with Monreagh School. Miss Dickson the teacher didn't get
paid and so in January 1919 the school closed.